creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, March 16, 2012

Pizza for two.

Last night, I planned on taking my first stab at a cauliflower crust pizza. Not really knowing what to expect, I kind of just rolled with the punches. When it came down to toppings I was really craving a BBQ Chicken Pizza but I had already purchased some veggies for a Chicken Veggie Supreme. I decided to split the recipe and make 2 mini pizzas! Then I could eat a quarter of each feel satisfied and content with that hard decision to have to just pick one.

Pizza for two it was! Well. and two crazy 20 month olds.

DSC_0898DSC_0895

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Ingredients:

  • 2 C. Steamed Cauliflower
  • 1/2 C. Almond Meal/Flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbs. Extra virgin Coconut oil

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 450
  2. Steam Cauliflower and mash with a fork (Or throw it in your food processor- I hate cleaning mine so to keep it simple I just mashed it with a fork)
  3. Add Almond meal, eggs and coconut oil. Mix until well combined
  4. On pizza pan or I just used your basic cookie sheet and make one or TWO pizza crust by smashing it into a circle for your desired thickness
  5. Bake for 12-14 minutes
  6. Remove and add toppings!

BBQ Chicken

DSC_0893

  • Favorite BBQ sauce (Check out the label for HFCS)

DSC_0901

  • Goat Cheese

DSC_0902

  • Purple Onion
  • Diced Grilled Chicken

Chicken Veggie Supreme

DSC_0894

  • Pizza Sauce
  • Goat Cheese
  • Purple onion
  • Diced Tomato
  • Red Pepper
  • Fresh Basil
  • Diced Chicken

After you top your pizza toss it back in the oven for 12 minutes!

DSC_0900

DSC_0895

They turned out surprisingly well and the twinners each ate 2 slices! They love their veggies! Although, I couldn’t really eat it without making a complete mess, so I sliced it and ate it with a fork. Next time Ill go for a thicker crust.

This pizza was very FILLING! I didn’t even finish it. On the bright side, lunch is calling my name right now.

***I’m still receiving questions from my paleo experience I hope to collect them and get another post up about it tonight along with a St. Paddy’s treat! So let me know if you have a thought or question for me regarding paleo.

Q. Favorite Pizza?

BBQ Chicken!

Q. When I eat pizza ______BETTER NOT be on it!

Pineapple! Blech. I am not a fan of fruit on pizza.. kind of like putting salt on fruit. It’s a no-go for me!

4 comments:

  1. I like pineapple on pizza. Better not put anchovies my pizza though. This pizza was amazing, I was surprised at how good it tasted. I was little skeptical about the cauliflower part of it at first but it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cauliflower crust is good! I just wish it stayed together better! Bbq sauce on pizza is awesome. Mushrooms in anything scares me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a few cauliflower crust recipes and should try them- love raw and roasted cauliflower and pizza so it's a winning combo in my mind!

    My fave pizzas are veggie, Hawaiian [sorry, hehe], and BBQ chicken!

    Anchovies better not be on my pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think I could use coconut flour instead? This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete