creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, March 30, 2012

Berry Bowl Smoothie

Happy Friday!! Hope your weekend is kickin’ off to a good start!

This morning is started off bright and early! I taught body attack and got this GPP workout done, and showered and ready for the day all before 9am.

(high five.)

That has got to be the first time in months!  Feels good to get pretty every once in awhile.

I have been slacking a bit on my running/training, my hip is still bothering me. I did a short 4 miler yesterday morning to test it out and it was straight to a ice bath for me. Anything high impact, including BA just causes it to flare right up. Its been stretching, ice baths, rolling and IBU up in here. Although, it is feeling better then it did last week so is that a bonus? I’m still debating my long run tomorrow, I REALLY want to do it, and feel like I need to for endurance but its up in the air right now. I have had moments this past week that I should just bag this marathon, change to the half and register for another full. If I can’t get my goal time I want, then why do it? Then I saw this..

marathon

I’m going to do it.

Anyway, after class I came home and was craving a smoothie bowl! One thing that I have been missing since starting the whole 30 challenge is my red mango fix

IMG_6507[1]

Ice cream for breakfast? Duh.

I actually had to change two diapers and start their breakfast before I got to sit down and enjoy it.. so it melted a bit before the camera captured its creaminess.

Pure heaven.

Berry Smoothie Bowl

IMG_6509[1]

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 C. Coconut milk (unsweetened)
  • 4 frozen strawberries
  • 1/2 C. Frozen Blueberries
  • 2 bananas (mine were baby-size so I used two.)
  • 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Isolate by Dymnatize
  • 1 tbs. Lemon juice
  • Pinch of xanthan gum

Directions:

Place all ingredients in blender and combine until smooth!

Pour into LARGE bowl and enjoy!

Local Folk:

If your curious about GPP, NOW is the time to try it out! There is a amazon deal going on to come try it for a month for $35!

Now is the time to come improve your health and fitness in all aspects!

Purchase it HERE!

IMG_6504[1]

Q. Would you run on a nagging injury or wait till you feel 100%?

Q. Cheers to the WEEKEND!! Any fun plans?

1 comment:

  1. I ran 5 miles yesterday for the first time in months and I'm feeling it today... My legs started aching after 2 miles but I pushed through knowing it wasn't cause of an injury... I usually prefer some other form of cardio [elliptical, spin bike] if I'm hurting, running is a lot of impact :/

    ReplyDelete