creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, March 5, 2012

Morning takes Flight!

Good Morning! When my alarm went off this morning to workout, I hit snooze for just a few more minutes of sleep ( I set 3 alarms.. ) But before my second alarm even went off my little baby bee alarm did. I got up with her and she was awake ready to play. By the time I got her back down, I had missed my window of training time and Brent was ready to hit the gym. Baby snuggle time > gym time. Plus, after being up for a bit with Bee, catching a few extra Z’s is exactly what my body needed.

When my 3rd alarm went off, I jumped out of bed ready to tackle the week! I made my daily to-do list and a quick breakfast to get my metabolism rockin.

IMG_6065[1]

I love stuffing breakfast full of veggies to ensure a great start to the day!

This egg scramble included the following

  • 5 egg whites
  • 5 asparagus spears
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • 1/4 of a onion
  • 1/4 c. chopped mushrooms
  • 1/4 avocado
  • 1/2 roma tomato

I love savory breakfast but also enjoy something sweet as well and the cara cara orange I had was perfect! I am absolutely loving these oranges right now. They are the BEST! I’m not usually a orange fan, but these are different and sort of remind me of a grapefruit, just sweeter.

I also cooked a few extra veggies (red peppers and asparagus) to have on hand for later.

IMG_6066[1]

After breakfast, the babies woke up and T wanted one thing-----COPTEEEER!!!!!

This kid LOVES helicopters and Brent has this remote control helicopter that T just can’t get enough of.

IMG_6099[1]

Time to get ready for the day! Catch ya later!

Q.  Sweet or Savory Breakfast?

Q. What is your favorite fruit right now?

1 comment:

  1. Sweet breakfast! And I LOVE the baked oatmeal with Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, and a handful of peacans. Ever since Outsiders weekend, I have been craving that every morning, it totally hits the spot :).

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete