creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, September 2, 2011

Zucchini Fries

I have collected a boatload of zucchini.. hence this, this and now these.
These would make a perfect side dish, for any meal really. Do they taste like french fries? No, not really.. but they are a whole lot healthier and I'm good with that.

{Zucchini Fries}
Prep time: 5 minutes
** Needs to soak overnight! Plan ahead.
Yields: Well, that is just going to depend on the size of your zucchini
Cook time:10-12 minutes


Ingredients


  • 2 Zucchinis or 1 jumbo massive one.
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • Sea salt to taste


Directions

Cut your Zucchini into fry shapes by slicing then dicing like so.

Jumbo size**




Crack egg whites into a large pan. (that will probably work better then my crammed bowl)


Cover and refridgerate them for 4-5 hours or overnight..

Remove zuchinni from egg mix and roll in Almond meal till evenly covered, sprinkle with sea salt


Place on a hot skillet turning frequently for about 10-12 minutes.

Let cool slightly and ENJOY!


Q. Any fun plans this loooong weekend? 
We are still debating! But for tonight we are headed here

Q. What is your favorite place to get fries?
Besides my kitchen... sweet potato fries, rutabaga or parsnip and now zucchini. I really do like arby's curly fries!! Hello.. ?! They are curly and delicious.

3 comments:

  1. Ive never tried soaking them overnight- i wil have to do this! Final product looks awesome. I like all fries except yucca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love sweet potato and butternut squash fries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried sweet potato fries and the flavor is a little strange to me, maybe I will try the butternut squash fries next. I am not a big french fry eater but there are some times that fries are just necesary (such as with deep fried battered cod fish) One of my splurge foods. I really don't have many but I love some fish and chips, cole slaw (or maybe a substition of cottage cheese) and tarter sauce.

    ReplyDelete