creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Cereal

Good morning!! Hope you are all having a good day so far! I slept in this morning and let Brent do the morning gym thing. I enjoyed a little extra shut eye since I still think I'm trying to catch up from this weekend. I have plans to hit the gym a little later for a little strength training.
For breakfast I was craving cereal. I have been known to be the cereal queen. 1 serving of cereal = not enough... and easily turns into 3-4 bowls! So I tend not to keep cereal in the house. Out of sight out of mind? Not even.. so I make do. I made cereal-less cereal..
I cut up a peach and tossed in cashews, almonds and pecans and poured unsweetened vanilla almond milk.

You got fruit for fiber, nuts for healthy fats, protein and calories. I love this little mixture and the peaches right now are out of this world! I could eat them all day..
You can use toasted pecans and almonds or just raw. Either works as well. Even sprinkling a little stevia or drizzle agave on top would add a little sweetness. 

I also just snacked on two boiled eggs to hold me over till I get to my workout.

I have lots of tomatoes and mushy bananas to play with in the kitchen today!

Q. What would you put in your "cereal-less" cereal?
I honestly thought about adding dark chocolate chips..




2 comments:

  1. Yumm! I can really rock through cereal too!! That bowl looks delicious. Fruits, nuts, seeds and oats over here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy, I have the same problem with cereal, I am going to try this

    ReplyDelete