creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Peach-Kiwi Salsa

This weekend it is apparent that college football has begun. 
I always know when every Saturday Brents phone goes crazy with updates from every game going on.. (There's an app for that!) And or he is streaming a game from the computer, and watching another one on the T.V.
We also got to go to the University of Utah game.




We won!! 
I don't drink soda hardly ever.. but this second half was a snoozer


 and I literally was fighting to stay awake.. caffeine please.. I was fine after a little D.C. but it didn't get much more exciting... no TD.. = little dancing time.
At least we won, and I got an awesome protein shake cup;)



Last night I finally got to get a little girl time in with one of my besties. Shopping is exactly what I needed.
I pretty much decided I wanted this bed


and this outfit from anthropoligie.


why oh why, does money not grow on trees?


Workout:

This morning started with a fun Body Pump Class, and a 6 mile run. I have the RR relay this next weekend and honestly haven't even looked at my legs! I think its best not to.. haha! Just push me out of the van and I'll start running as long as I can have one of these when I get done..
Can you bring a blender in a van? 


Later, Brent and I decided to take advantage of the perfect weather today (81 degrees in UT!) and head up to the mountains! We went for our first family hike this year!!


Have you ever hiked with a wiggly happy baby on your back? I was DRIPPING sweat! It was tough!!  But hearing her little giggles in my ear kept me going a little farther!


I held B on my back

and Brent had T.


Back home for football, one thing was necessary.. Chips and Salsa.

Peach-Kiwi Salsa!

{Peach-Kiwi Salsa}

Prep time: 10 minutes
Makes about 2 cups
Serves:  two or more hungry football watchers for one quarter


Ingredients:


  • 3 kiwis diced
  • 1 peach diced
  • 1/4 C. Purple onion diced
  • 1/2 Avocado
  • 1/8 C. chopped lemon balm
  • 2 tbs lime juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste


Directions

1. Cut/dice kiwi, peach, onion, avocado and lemon balm


2. Mix well, till all combined and Serve!! If you like a thinner salsa (not so chunky) you can use a food processor to mix it up.. But I like it chunky ;)







This was so good!! If you make one thing this peach season.. this should be it!

Now it's time to lay back and watch the game..


Q. Which college football team do you root for?

Q. Which game day food is a necessity EVERY game day?

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome weekwnd so far!! It is def football time! Love your family hike. The fruit in the salsa looks incredibly fresg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The salsa looks so beautiful with all the different colors!

    ReplyDelete