creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Building Blocks

I spent the majority of the afternoon playing blocks with my sweet babes. Its funny to watch them play together. B is all girl and T is all boy. B would gently start stacking the blocks only to have T swipe at them only seconds later! Destruction… B didn’t seem to mind and would just start over from the bottom up.

IMG_4377

In my journey of reaching my fitness goal, I figured there are many building blocks that all take play. They can be built up and just as easily knocked down. 3 of which include the following.

  • Nutrition
  • Training
  • Balance

Nutrition is vital to your training it can be the building block or the road block. This is where most people struggle, including myself. As we enter into the fall season, AKA the holidays, We will have the constant invitation to indulge in some our favorite “comfort foods.” Stay focused. Remember your goal. Its okay to say no sometimes. Plan ahead, prepare your meals ahead of time. This will help you stay on track when things come up.

Training- Race season is over for me now. I don’t have anything to really work for. This is when I start to slack, so I made of list of goals that I want to work on during off season. It gives me more motivation and something to strive for. Write down your goal, make a plan, schedule your workouts in and you will succeed!

Balance- By this, I mean the balance of life and everything that comes at you. As a mother, wife, instructor, blogger I have the constant struggle to find that balance. I live through my schedule, my to-do list and sometimes it can get a little stressful. So, I make sure to schedule in time for me. Whether it be blogging (believe it or not, it’s a stress reliever for me), write in my journal, read a book/magazine.

You have to build up to reach your fitness goals and don’t let one swipe or one bad training day, or indulging in a treat get in your way of accomplishing what you set out to do.

IMG_4378

If you indulge a little bit to much one day, don’t just throw your clean eating plan out the window. Just move on, the next meal will be better.

If you don’t make it to the gym one day. There is always tomorrow. Missing one day or even two won’t hold you back.

If you struggle with balance, welcome to the club. We ALL do. Schedule your day the night before. I take about 5 minutes to write down my plan for the next day, including some “ME” time!

Don’t let one slip up knock you off course. We all have to start somewhere and there will always be days where you get knocked down. Stay committed, and you can achieve anything you put your mind to!!

DINNER-

Dinner today was literally thrown together. I had some veggies that I received from our co-op basket. (Every other week I get a basket full of fruit and veggies.)

I pulled out the crockpot.

{Easy Chicken Dinner}DSC_0576

yields: 4 servings

prep time: 10 minutes

cook time: 4 hours

Ingredients:

  • 4 frozen chicken breast
  • 4 Red potatoes
  • 1 small bag of carrots
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 tsp Parsley
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • Pepper to taste
  • 1 cup water
  • 1tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp  Raw Honey

Directions:

Place all ingredients in the crock-pot on high for 4 hours.

 

DSC_0578

 

Q. Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe?

Q. How do you stay on track through the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, reminds me of chicken pot pie [minus the crust]! I def agree with the 3 building blocks- I'm still trying to find/ maintain "balance"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had this and it was simple and tasty!

    ReplyDelete