creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Early riser?

Good morning!!!
Lets just say my mornings have become a little more laid back since I completed my triathlon. Without a 5 am alarm clock to wake me up and get going I have been sleeping in as long as possible. Today, I was able to sleep until 8! Thank you babies!
Brent has been taking advantage of the early morning workout slot. I'm not going to lie, I kind of miss it.. there was just something about waking up, getting my workout done and getting some chores done around the house as well. A sense of accomplishment maybe?  I'm thinking that next week I'll be setting that alarm once again... But getting a little extra shut-eye has been appreciated after a year of waking up before the sun either for a workout or for two little early birds! Lets just hope I can drag myself out of my cozy bed just as I use to. Working out in the morning is my favorite time of the day to get it done!

For Breakfast I made a egg scramble with zucchini, onion, spinach and fresh garden tomatoes!! --> which I could eat like an apple! They are SO good!



Along side of a banana with almond butter.


Favorite kind of workout?

What is your favorite way to workout?  I love teaching Les Mills  because I love each program and pushing through each track to great music along with the energy of everyone in the room.
But  I think I have to admit my favorite type of workouts are interval workouts "for time". I love the challenge it is to push myself to complete every movement of the workout as fast as I can. Building a sweat in 20 minutes that is dripping off my face is a feeling of accomplishment for me. It doesn't take an hour of running to get that heart rate up and to feel like you had a good workout. Its fast and effective. They allow me to just focus in on me for that time. Yesterday's workout at GPP was just that. This tops in as one of my favorite workouts.

Flabaway


5 rounds for time:

20 situps
20 sideups R
20 sideups L
20 back ext
20 DB biceps curls 15/20
20 OH triceps ext 15/25
20 lunge steps
20 KB swings 25/35
400 m run



Give it a go! Plug in your earphones and shoot around the gym as fast as you can. You will love it!!
When your done go ahead and post your time here! 

I also really enjoy just running. Its something that I honestly really have to be in the mood for though. When I need to clear my head or its just been a tough day, hitting the pavement always seem to make me feel better.

What is your favorite way to workout?
 ---> Check out the poll I added on the side bar!!
Also, What is your favorite time of the day to get your workout in?--> Lets take a VOTE! 

READY SET GO! 

Also, guess who turned 14 months old yesterday!!!