creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, August 28, 2010


For Breakfast Yesterday, I had my wonderfully fast oatmeal.. which is my staple in the mornings! It really just gets me through the day.

1/2 cup oldfashioned oats
1/2 scoop of vanilla protien
handful of blueberries and raspberries (great antioxidants)
and some sliced almonds

Mid morning snack I just had some asparagus, not my original plan but the only really quick veggie I had... I just brush them with a little olive oil and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash seasoning.
(oh, and I made enough asparagus to last 2-3 days, its filling I promise)I was out running errands yesterday, like a crazy person and I didn't get the chance to eat a decent meal.. But I did have a Luna Bar (180 cal).. Bad I know. Never skip meals.. it causes your blood sugar to drop then you start to crave carbs and it causes you to overeat your next meal. But at least I had something right?!

But then I came home to make my FAVORITE summer snack! and its so simple..
I used FAGE all natural greek yogurt, this one is plain and really has a weird flavor but I mixed it with some carbmaster vanilla yogurt ( You can get it at Smiths, and its "smarter" then the "lite" version.) But this is why I love the greek yogurt...
120 cal. for 1 cup
0 fat
low carb, low sugar 9g
20 grams of protein


..My special parfait..
Layer it however you want!
I love berries! so mine just goes
yogurt mix
blueberries
yogurt
strawberries
yogurt
raspberries (Driscolls are the best, well besides bear lake)
topped with fiber one cereal

..Dinner..
This is pretty much the regular for dinner.
8 oz grilled chicken (this one is seasoned with lemon pepper)
Green Beans
Baked sweet potato with a tablespoon or less of smart balance butter and Mrs. Dash
(We precook potatoes and grill chicken so its super easy to just heat everything in the microwave) But of course everything taste better fresh, But hey face it.. someday's you just don't feel like making dinner and or have time.

..The WORKOUT..

Row machine 400 M. (abs, shoulders, & back)
30 20lb kettle ball swings (Quads, Hamstrings, Abs, & shoulders)
15 Burpees or updowns (Full body).
30 lunges, (Hamstrings, Glutes, & Quads)

Repeat 4 X
as fast as you can!

I did this workout with my sister-in-law which always makes a workout better, if you do it with a friend!
Q. What is your "Staple" meal?
oatmeal with berries.
Q. What is your Favorite Veggie?
Green beans, love them especially fresh ones steamed :)
Q. What is your most dreaded workout?
I love working out.. but if I HAD to say something.. I would have to say Burpees. But I love the results.
Leave your answers in a comment :)