creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, August 30, 2010

Banana Bread

I LOVE banana bread, it reminds of me of being a kid and enjoying my grandmas delicious and warm banana bread on those fall afternoons.
Now, those that know me know that I hardly ever follow a recipe exactly, I don't measure perfectly, I eye a lot, I add more of what I like and of course I always make adjustments to make it healthy as can be.. So I actually just took my g.mas recipe and altered it to make it my own. Here is my banana bread recipe.
1/2 cup of agave nectar (compared to a cup of sugar)
1 cup of whole wheat flour (compared to 2 cups of white)
1 cup of white ( I would of actually used oat flour but didn't have any..)
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 c. of smart balance butter (compared to shortening/butter
3 eggs. only 2 yolk (compared to 2 whole eggs)
4 bananas (compared to 3)
1/2 cup of Greek vanilla yogurt (compared to buttermilk/sour cream)
1 tsp of vanilla
sliced almonds (optional)
bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
let cool, slice and
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Candice, I am loving this blog! Thank you so much for sharing all your secrets. :) I think I am going to make this banana bread for our Family Home Evening treat tonight!

    ReplyDelete