creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, July 13, 2012

Zucchini-banana Bread

 

Hey guys! Hope your having great day! Yesterday was a LONG day. I did make it to the gym, taught a kids class, made some yummy Zucchini bread, then watched 5 episodes of PLL during T & B’s nap. FIVE. Talk about productive. At least I got to snack on some warm bread right out of the oven.

DSC_0467

I texted my sister around 9pm and we were able to head out on a little run when the sun went down but it was still 85 degrees outside. Ugh. Instantly, I thought of all my FL and AZ blogger friends. Running in the heat is horrid.  My quad was bugging, so it was more of a walk/run.She is also watching PLL and is ahead of me so we chatted the whole time about “A.” By the time I got home it was 11pm and I went straight to bed.

Todat, we are in route to Star Valley! The plan is to run 13.1 tomorrow. I decided because of my injured quad and a weird (bone spur?) on my foot that started hurting last night. I have 3 options.

1. Bag it, rest it and recover.

2. Start it, KT tape up and if I feel any excruciating pain at any point then stop.

3. Stick it out. Walk if I need to but just finish it.

This definitely will not be a PR race for me like I was hoping to do. Since my injury last month before Wasatch Back, I have taken it easy. I just started running again last week just during WOD with a few 3-5 milers in there. It is not healed 100% so I may leave it up to a coin toss. What do you think? If I don’t end up running it will be a great trip any way because my cousins are up there and we know how to have a good time.

Yesterday, I celebrated Tabata Thursday with the GPP workout, Which was like a cardio stew and I loved it. Today’s workout was called kettle hell, and that it was. I never thought I could sweat so much without moving a step. I love when this workout comes around.

I came home today and made myself a strawberry chocolate recovery shake

DSC_0471

Along with a little of this moist, delicious goodness known as…

Zucchini-Banana Bread

DSC_0468

Paleo friendly, Vegan, Gluten free, Dairy Free

Ingredients:

  • 1 C. Shredded Zucchini (large shred)
  • 2 ripe bananas
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/4 C. Melted Virgin Coconut Oil
  • 1/3 C. Maple Syrup
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 1/4 C. Almond Butter
  • 1/2 C. Coconut Flour
  • 1 tsp. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon

Directions:

  1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Shred Zucchini and place in paper towel to remove a bit of the zucchini juice.
  3. Put all wet ingredients into blender. Omit Zucchini.
  4. Blend until smooth
  5. Add Dry ingredients blend till well combined
  6. Hand stir in shredded zucchini
  7. Pour into glass bread pan
  8. Bake for 45 minutes

Another good thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t require a million dishes. I am all about an easy clean-up!

I had another slice with my lunch today!

DSC_0469

Which was just a mess in itself but pretty good! I love messy bowls!

DSC_0470

Tuna, avocado, asparagus mixed with some honey dijon mustard. Pretty quick and easy. I didn’t have much time in between packing and getting ready but at least it was nutritious and delicious!

See y’all in Wyoming!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun!! And run safe :)

    p.s. that bread looks deeeeeeelicious. I think I need to go buy some zucchini today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice, I was up until 1:00 am last night watching Pretty Little Liars! Ugh! Who is "A"!!!!?!?!?!?!? It's killing me! Eveytime I think I know who it is, my theory is blown! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously.. I'm addicted.. I think its a group of people now...

      Delete