With the fall weather approaching, squashes are making their way back into my life.
yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breast (grilled or baked)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 C. Broccoli
- 1 pepper (any color)
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 C. shredded daiya cheese (which is dairy, soy free but any cheese would work)
1. Pre- heat oven to 400 degrees- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes till cooked thoroughly, while chicken is baking, --
2. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in large pot. (You will need two, one for each half of the squash)
3. Slice squash in half (the long way), scoop out all the seeds and place in boiling water, bring water back to a boil and let boil for about 12-15 minutes.
4. While chicken and squash are cooking, use this time to cut and dice all your vegetables.
5. Sauté your veggies and garlic together with the coconut oil in a large skillet
6. Throw veggies in large bowl
7. Take out your squash and scrape out the inside using a fork into the large bowl, it will be stringy and noodle like Place the outside of the squash onto a cookie sheet.
8. Slice your chicken into chunks and mix in large bowl with the veggies and stir all together.
9. Fill both shells of the squash with the veggies and chicken
10. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
11. Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is melted on top
12. Top it off with a few fresh tomatoes and serve!
This is a great dish to replace heavy carb meals such as spaghetti or lasagna! Give it a try! Hope you like it!
Have a great weekend!!
What a great morning! I ran a 10k this am at an 8 min 8 second pace! Love spag squash! Have one for later this weekReplyDelete
That squash boat looks delicious!!!ReplyDelete