creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Almond Flour

Hey guys! Today started a little crazy. B wasn't feeling to hot this morning and vomited not once.. but twice... No fever. She acted fine? Just barfed then went back to being her busy, happy little self. But it left me with quite the clean up.. clean the couch, clean the pillows, scrub the carpets, change my clothes, change her clothes, wash the clothes, give her a bath.. X2. 

All before 9 am. Oh, the life of being a mommy. Who doesn't appreciate curdly milk barf at 7 am? 

  IMG_4538

It was fun reading all about everyone’s reasons why we run or what motivates us to run. If you missed that post, it’s a must read. Check it out here. After a long morning I was able to get a killer workout in.

Workout:

Today's workout was a sweaty one! At GPP we completed this workout for four rounds "for time"

I have to say its one of my favorites. It involved a little a lot of running! It started to downpour on my third round. But I didn’t mind, I love running in the rain. I find it a little refreshing, but the wind.. that’s a different story.

I have been using almond flour a lot lately. Although it can get pretty pricey to buy at the health food store so I just decided it would be best to just make my own! Its actually really simple and doesn’t require as much time as I thought it would.

ALMOND FLOUR

DSC_0639 

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups of Raw Almonds

DSC_0630

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Spread raw almonds onto a cookie sheet

Bake for 15 minutes

Remove from oven

DSC_0638

and pour into blender or food processor and blend on low pulse until fine powder is formed!

DSC_0635

Pour it into a tupperware and keep it in the fridge.

 

DSC_0640 (2)

It also makes for a awesome oatmeal mix in or yogurt/ice cream topper!

Yesterday at the gym I pulled up to this…

IMG_4524

 

A little ironic?  Yes, that is an ice cream truck making a delivery.. to the gym? No wonder those protein shakes are so good..

Have a good night!

You might be interested:

  • Need a interval timer for at home or gym workouts? Gymboss makes an amazing one!! Click the gymboss icon on my sidebar!
  • Dancer? Instructor? Coach? Have the strongest, fastest dancers by completing these workouts!
  • How much is to much when it comes to portion control? Check this out—> via fitsugar.com

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! K is sick, so i feel for you!!! Love almond flour! Good in cookies and bars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bathtime pcis!!! And the ice cream truck thing cracks me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your little one was sick. I hope she feels better soon. And doesn't give you anything else to clean.

    ReplyDelete