creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Low-fat Gingerbread Cookies

Before I begin tonight-

This totally happened.

gingerbread

I’m going to back track a bit-

Last night was GPP Girls Night out! A group of us went to Biaggis in SLC and had a great time together! (We missed those that couldn’t make it!) It was fun to get out with the girls for some food and shopping!

556951_4961375551503_1353645148_n

When we left the restaurant last night, it was snowing pretty hard and the roads were pretty slick. We made it home safely

We woke up to even MORE snow, we decided to hibernate today and did not go anywhere! We stayed home, and cleaned, organized, decorated the Christmas tree..again..

Somehow, this keeps happening…

DSC_1129

Then I decided snow days happen for one special reason. Besides Gingerbread Pancakes in bed.

COOKIES!

I followed Ginas Recipe for her Low-fat Gingerbread Cookies!

The only change I made was I used Coconut Oil in place of the butter!

I even had a little help with the prep work!

IMG_0715[1]

Tell me now, who wants a cookie?

Its times like this I really think I should invest in a gingerbread man cookie cutter…

Hearts bring just as much joy though right?

DSC_1136

I baked them at 375 degrees for 7 minutes and they turned out perfectly.

DSC_1137

They were soft and chewy with the perfect about of ginger kick to them!

Bee could hardly wait to bite into one.

DSC_1140

Or every single one of them.

Question of the day:

Who loves Gingerbread as much as me?

Link up your favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe!