creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Baby, Its Cold Outside

 

There is NO snow on my front lawn…rumor has it, that it’s coming! But, Baby, Its cold outside!

Last night, I didn’t’ get to blogging because I spent the night wrapping up some Christmas shopping!

Good news: I’m almost done!

Bad news: I’m not done yet..

I have a few tricky gifts left to buy. You know the people you love who have everything, and you have no idea what to get them. AKA In-laws.

This time of year gets a little crazy, with all the shopping, cooking, and parties, we all have going on. But don’t forget to schedule your workout in as well. I am going to switch over to early morning workouts until the holidays are over just so I can get everything else done throughout my day.

I made a quick breakfast and was out the door

IMG_0893[1]

The workout at GPP today was burp-tastic…

It had been a long time since we have done burpees at GPP, and I almost lost my breakfast.

burpee

Demos of each movement can be found HERE.

I completed it in 20:45. Even with all the burpees, it felt good to sweat this morning though! I actually don’t really mind burpees, in fact I almost enjoy them. Aussie pulls up on the other hand..

My arms are sore from attempting to string together butterfly pull-ups yesterday, I love kipping, but I like butterflys because they seem quicker,but I’m having a hard time getting the flow.

Afterwards I felt like I should spend some time with the foam roller at Skills Fitness.

IMG_0905[1]

I could definitely tell it had been a long time since the last time I had used it.. My IT bands were a little sensitive.. eek.

Tonight I have some coaching to do and of course some wrapping! (Not my favorite.)

There is a 5K run for the children of Sandy Hook, Check it out HERE!

Questions of the Day:

What do you buy for that person who has everything?

How often do you stretch/foam roll?