creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Gone Fishin’

Yesterday seemed to fly by! It was 10pm by the time I had a little down time to myself and the thought of blogging that late on a Saturday night didn’t seem to appealing so I went and took a hot bath and curled up with my book.

Today, I haven’t even left my house, and have absolutely no plans to do so… and yesterday was busy so I’ll give ya a quick run down!

I taught Body Pump early in the AM  and thought it would be fun to keep the music rolling for a quick transition from the tricep to bicep track and the lunges to shoulders track. It was awesome, it kept my heart rate up and the class moving! In Body pump, you usually take a break in between track to adjust weight and such before moving on to the next muscle group. I set them up so they were able to move directly into the next track. For example: We didn’t use the bar for triceps so I had them set up their bicep weight on the bar for a smooth transition. It ended up working great and I got a lot of positive feed back from the change!

After pump I had about a 45 minutes to run, I had my mind set to do 5 miles but when it came to it, I just didn’t have it in me to do it. I decided to do tabatas I ended up doing 3 sets of 8 rounds of work with the incline set to 8% and speed @ 8.0-9.0. Then wrapped up with 10 minutes on the staircase to nowhere.

IMG_1161[1]

It felt good to sweat! It had been about a week or so since I had run.

Afterwards we headed to target to pick up a gift for a birthday party! 

IMG_1168[1]

We went home and got ready to go! The party was for my cousins little boy at Kangaroo Zoo! Bee wasn’t to much of a fan of the slides but loved jumping around!

IMG_1180[1]

Tanner was all about the slides!

IMG_1205[1]

They had a blast at the party!

Brent had gone fishing for the day with his brother Brandon and Grandpa. His Grandpa is a big fisherman and goes just about every day. So when Brent asked if he could come out and learn some tips his Grandpa was excited and got all the gear for the day and found the perfect fishing hole for them to go to!

IMG_1172[1]

737142_843836123771_1539871041_o

The boys were gone until the sun went down! They had a blast and came home with a fish each!

I grew up fishing at my ranch with my dad so I was the professional gutter/cooker! *Hidden talent* Winking smile

DSC_0010

It was a really good trout and we have plans for salmon TONIGHT!!

 

Question of the Day:

What is your hidden talent?