creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Spaghetti Shrimp

I love shrimp.
All seafood really.
I also love squash.. Spaghetti Squash.
I don't love cutting it. Although scraping out those "noodles" is kind of fun...
Combine two of my favorite things, add some veggies and you have..
{Spaghetti Shrimp}


Ingredients

  • 1 Spaghetti Squash
  • 1 green Bell Pepper
  • 2 tbs Olive Oil
  • 1 C. Marinara Sauce
  • 1/2 C. chopped onion
  • 2 cups of fully cooked shrimp


How to: 

Preheat oven to 350 
Cut spaghetti squash in half and bake by placing both halfs face down on cookie sheet, for 40 minutes, remove and using a fork scrape out your "noodles"

Saute your vegetables in the olive oil for 5-7 minutes 

Toss in your shrimp. Let cook till brown, about 5 minutes

Pour the marinara sauce in and mix in with your spaghetti squash
Voila! 

This dinner came together quickly. It was perfect, healthy, delicious!
After dinner we got the babes in bed and settled down watched this..
Just go with it!
Verdict? I loved it!! We were laughing almost the whole time!! I was nervous because I heard mixed reviews.  But we both really liked it! 

Q. Whats a good movie you have seen lately?
I hear bridesmaids is good, but not to sure I can talk Brent into it... 




2 comments:

  1. Yum! Two things i love too! Cutting squash open freaking stinks but its so worth it. I honestly havent seen a good movie in a while. Enjoy the rest of the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love squash too, to save time, I cut it in half and steam it in the microwave. I have started to sautee veggies and mix them with the cooked squash, mix in a bit of feta and greek spice and bake it in the oven till the feta is warm. Delish! We watched Hall Pass last night and the Adjustment Bureau tonight and they were both really good. I'm not sure how to post comments and have my name like Erica did above??
    Have a great weekend!

    Jolene

    ReplyDelete