creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, June 18, 2011

PB Granola!

I love peanut butter...


That really all there is to it!

So when I saw Julies PB granola a few days ago, I knew exactly what I wanted to make for the race!
I followed her recipe mostly. I doubled it so I could share it with 5 of my closest and sweatiest friends in a van.

{Peanut Butter Granola}




  • 3 cups Old fashioned Granola
  • 1/2 C. Crunchy Peanut butter (freshly grounded)
  • 1/2 C. Agave Nectar
  • 2 tbs. Vanilla Extract
  • 1 tbs. Cinnamon
  • 1 C. Dark Chocolate Chips


Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
Put  PB and Agave in bowl and place in microwave for about 45 sec. Mix well.

Stir in Vanilla and Cinnamon
Add Oatmeal one cup at a time till oats are evenly coated

Spray cookie sheet with Canola oil and spread the granola around evenly

Bake for 7-10 minutes until the granola has browned on top
Let it cool & it adds a little crunch.
..Mountain O' Granola..


Toss in chocolate chips! Really what is PB without a little chocolate?
mmmmm. peanut butter chocolatey gooodnessssss......

Store in Air tight container and just try to save it until the next day.. I dare you! 

I ate about half the pan before I realized I made this for the run.. So I made more.. and I really think it is calling my name from the pantry.... 

Q. What is your favorite granola mix in?
I also threw in some flax seeds on the second batch and it was fantastic... just sayin.

3 comments:

  1. Granola is amazing and totally addicting! This sounds fantastic. I bet those chocolate chunks made it extra yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this today!! Yummy!! Though, I was a little too excited and should have let it cool a little longer before I added the choc chips. BTW, is agave as sweet as honey? I made it with honey today and would prefer a little less sweet. But still delish! I'm for sure going to make again abd maybe add coconut. Or try it using almond butter. I don't really like almond butter but I have a jar that needs to be used up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this today with my kids for a little treat. It's amazing and almost gone. Thanks for the great recipe. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete