creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, April 8, 2011

spring?

Does spring look like this?

nope, I don't think so.. Utah is unpredictable in the weather department. How is it we were just outside enjoying the sun and today we have 6 inches of snow?!! They weren't toooo happy about it

  I'm looking forward to better weather. One day right?! Its April for goodness sake! I will admit though the snow today was phenomenal, snowflakes as big as my head. If its going to snow, at least it was fluffy. ;)
I least I found a new favorite snack..


I love these! 5 clusters have 170 cal, 12g fat and 5 g of sugar. Perfect little power snack! 
Get them.. 

Okay, so I have had a few questions come up after subjects. Here are a few. 

Why did I choose to have a C-section ?

Well, It was 2 am.. I was lazy.. TOTALLY KIDDING.... When I first found out I was pregnant I wanted to give natural birth. Then a few weeks later I found out I was pregnant with twins. So.. would you want to give natural birth to two babies?? Sounds pleasant right?!  Then I decided to have the epidural and push. A few weeks before I delivered, Tanner was Posterior. My Doctor then gave me the risks and benefits of c-section vs. vaginal birth. I chose the C-section for the safety of my babies. There were to many variables. First off, I have a small pelvis making vaginal deliveries long and difficult. I didn't want to risk getting one baby out and having the other in distress, & having to have an emergency c-section anyway. I do not regret my decision in the least. Everything went smoothly as planned, my recovery was quick. I am glad that I don't have the jumping issue that most mothers get because of vaginal births. Yes, I have a scar but its literally 4 inches long. I know most people don't agree with my decision but I had two happy and healthy babies and that is all that mattered. And Yes, having a V-back is an option for future pregnancy but I loved my C-section so much, I might do it again.



Do I take Supplements?

Sure do, I take a multi-vitamin, glucosimine w/ chondrotin for joint health, and Glutamine for muscle recovery post workout everyday. Also, Protein powder is a staple in this household. 

How often do I really workout?

Everyday. Once, twice if I teach...  Check it out here. It's my job and lets face it I'm addicted to the endorphins. Yes, I'm a little crazy. But the job part, is my job. I don't consider it my workout. Yep, I'm cool like that. 

Where did I do before the twins?

I actually worked at a pediatric dental office.. and still do, one day a week. On Friday's I work there for 4 hours, while Brent plays the role of Mr. Mom.   Does that count for even part time? I don't know but I absolutely love my job and the people I work with. 

What was the best part about being pregnant?

My absolute favorite part of my pregnancy was watching and feeling T & B move inside of me. I could lay there forever and watch my belly move! You want to see?............. Okay, you talked me into it.









Crazy, right? Sorry for the bare skin.. No stretch marks at 35 weeks. My secret? I used Bio-oil.. every. single. day. and. night. I swear by it. But of course I was fortunate to get slightly little ones but you can barely even notice them now. 


Did anyone else (who has had children) experience this madness?

Supplements? Whats your favorite multi? Protein powder? 
 I get all my supplements from bodybuilding.com fyi.

Hope you have a good weekend!! See you tomorrow!












2 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is some snow! Stay toasty over there! I am with you on the lotion/oil! I used Palmers every day...religiously :). Right now I take a multi prenatal and iron pill for the baby. Normally I just take calcium. I also do use Jay Robb's Egg White protein. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the belly pics! My babies were big (and not twins - at 9 lbs 10 oz and 10 lbs 8 oz, but my belly shapes when they stretched were never quite like that !! And funny, until I saw "Utah" I thought for a second you might be in Canada. I'm in Northern Ontario, close to the Minnesota border & we just got another dump of snow after everything had melted .... sigh. I am so ready for Spring to actually get here, despite when the calendar said it started.!

    ReplyDelete