creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Q & A round 3

oh hey. Its time for Q & A all about my diet and nutrition. But first off, I want to say sorry for the past couple of days for no post. I have an excuse. okay I have 2.



 I do not like to blog while my babies are awake. I'd rather spend it with them. Usually I blog during the babies nap time but for some crazy reason.. (since they felt a little under the weather) they like to take turns taking naps.. therefore.. no time to blog. Family comes first. Sorry friends. But don't worry, I love you to. The nap schedule is hopefully getting back on track.. cross your fingers.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, back to business.

Have you always eaten healthy?

Uh. NO. In high school, my diet was less then wonderful.. Here is an example----Breakfast- brown sugar pop tart with sprite. Lunch- wendys fries and frosty (I would dip my fries in my frosty), Dinner- Lucky Charms or kraft mac and cheese.. Snack would be a reeses, starburst or doritos. ---- awesome huh? Didn't think I had it in me? Well, the vending machine ate alot of my money in those days. I danced 6-8 hrs everyday in high school so I did get some sort of exercise in.. It wasn't until my first year of college in my health and nutrition class where I learned the importance of a healthy diet and changed my ways..

Do you like cleanses?

Personally, No. Some people do them and love them. I don't agree with the majority of them..For quick weight loss, if you have willpower. Sure, it will work. You will lose weight. Anyone will lose weight if you eat practically 500 calories everyday... Will you keep it off? Probably not. I think it will screw up your metabolism, confuse your body and give you a yo-yo effect. Which is why most people who do them.. find themselves having to do it again....and again.. vicious cycle yes? who wants to be starving, and just plain mean all the time? So, no I don't exactly recommend them to just anyone, but then again I have not ever done one.

So are you on a diet ALL the time?

More like a lifestyle. Everyone starts with cutting out sugar, or soda, they don't eat out as much whatever they may claim their steps to reach their personal weight goal. Go for it. Except don't make it a diet. Make it your lifestyle! Yes, I still eat out, yes, I still eat brownies, cake, etc. But in moderation. Everyone has a happy medium you just have to live it.

If you were advising someone how to start a diet what would you tell them to eat? 

Interesting.. because I think this is highly individualistic..There is to many variables. Weight, activity level, allergies? But to put it simply.. eat simple. You really have to teach yourself how and when you need to eat.  For quick weight loss Check out this diet plan. For a 1200 cal. diet, or a 1400 cal. diet check those out. These simply give you a plan. what to eat and when. no more, no less. Its that easy. Neil Anderson has got it figured out for you. Stick with Veggies, Fruit, Meat, whole grains and you will feel better and look better in no time.

Spring time Salad

Whats in the mix?

  • Green beans
  • Broccoli 
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • Butternut squash
  • mushrooms
  • chicken
  • Strawberries
  • slivered almonds 
  • and drizzled with balsamic vinaigrette 
Salads are a good way to clean your fridge out ;) 

Have a great day! and I hope its sunny where you are.. Yesterday was beautiful and today has been nothing but  wind, rain, hail, sleet, snow thunder.. seriously.. Utah. Make up your mind!

See you later!







.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how busy a Mama you are with twins! Great answers. Lucky Charms sounds like a pretty sweet dinner to me ;) And I also do NOT like cleanses and urge my girlfriends to EAT. Delicious looking salad- I bet the BN squash really made it. Happy Friday- enjoy the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. augh yeah utah weather SUCKS!! at least it is almost summer (since we dont really get much of a spring!). Your kiddos are SO cute!! I think diets, cleanses, etc are so bad for you and really agree with your lifestyle approach. I look at the foods I feed my baby compared to what I am eating and it usually inspires me to eat more healthily since I want him to do the same! you go, mama!

    ReplyDelete