creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, April 11, 2011

crackers...

Hey everyone!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Yesterday, we woke up and headed to do the church thang... good news we totally made it on time.. for the FIRST time in the past 8 months. Bad news.. we were there for a total of 5 minutes before T decided he didn't want to be there, so Brent walked him around the hall and about 20 minutes later Baylee decided she was tired. I honestly have the best babies but... when you interrupt naptime with church time. It never flies. We peaced out before the first speaker sat down. Oh well. We tried. Right?!
More good news.. the SNOW melted, and we were able to go for a walk yesterday!!

they love when we lean them back to see us.


It was beautiful. It gave me hope that spring is actually coming..
After our walk, I came home and snacked on my last Marys gone crackers. I had a lot of hummus and couldn't let it go to waste.. so decided to give it my best to RE-create my favorite cracker...
I honestly just took whatever I had in my pantry and fridge to make them..

  • 1/4 C. Brown rice
  • 1/4 C. Quinoa
  • 1/4 C. seasame seeds
  • 1/4 C. Almond meal
  • 1/4 C. Walnuts
  • 1/4 C. Ground flax seeds
  • 1/4 C. Flax seeds
  • 1 Tbs. Olive oil 
  • 1/4 C. Water
  • 1/2 t. Cumin
  • 1/4 t. Paprika
  • 1/2 t. Sea salt (or more if desired)


I really surprised myselft... It worked so well I made a second batch.. with whatever I had left.
Which was just seeds. It worked well to! I don't have the recipe perfected but I'm bound and determined to get it. Because Mary's crackers are delicious.. but expensive. My husband will appreciate saving the extra mula.. well, I guess as soon as I get it the way I want. Getting closer.. I know what I'm missing so I'm going to give it another go. Anybody have any tips? (secret mary's crackers ingredients)....

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

I simply combined all ingredients in my blender (I broke my mini food processor making balls last week!) :(


Lay parchment paper onto cookie sheet and place marble sized dollop onto pan.


Place another piece of parchment paper on top and press each dollop down until thin.


Remove the top parchment paper slowly and make sure each one is evenly flat.
Its okay if they touch you can always just "crack" them apart.. he he..



Place them in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.


Let cool completely

mmmm.. seedy.



I'm going to the store tomorrow to stock up my supply of ingredients and try again until I replicate Mary's..
Wish me luck! Oh, and no worries you guys will be the first ones to know when I do!

Have a good night!! peace. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!! I made crackers once and they were awesome! There really is nothing like homemade. Your babies are just bundles of cuteness

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy- i saw another cracker recipe that was very similar, Im going to try both today and let u know how they are! yummy!

    ReplyDelete