creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

no-bake PB crunch bars!

Happy Wednesday!! I have the infamous no bake crunch bar recipe for you but first lets recap the day!
One thing I like about being back from vacation is getting my gut back in check. Ha! I started the day with a smoothie bowl!


In the mix-
1 C. almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein
1/2 banana
2 handfuls of spinach
pinch of xanthan gum
10-12 ice cubes
Chia seeds on top

Ice cream for breakfast? Yes please!

After Breakfast I headed to the gym, this week at GPP its HeLL week... let me just tell you.. my hamstrings are feeling it! Well worth being able to wear my swimsuit this summer though!
Then we spent 5 wonderful hours at the car shop.. 

my check engine light has been on for over a year..  oops. Luckily I had my stroller in the back of the car so I took the babes for a run and we stopped and played at the park for a little bit! 

After my car was completed we raced home to change and eat some scrumptious lunch

tupperware for a quick travel lunch cause we had to go back to the Dr. for T. He got his helmet back on!! If your a new reader- T was diagnosed with plagiocephaly. Which is very common with twins. Then we had an accident and he couldn't wear it for a little while.
 We were worried it wouldn't fit him and they would have to make another. He had to stretch it a little bit! But my little helmet boy is back. For at least 3 weeks and we re-eval again.

Now onto the good stuff!! 


NO- BAKE PB CRUNCH BARS!

Ingredients


  • 2 C. slightly crushed Oat flake cereal-- I used kashi
  • 2 C. whole-grain puffed brown rice cereal
  • 1 C. Dried craisins
  • 1/2 C. unsalted peanuts 
  • 1/2 C. Natural PB. ( I used freshly grounded PB)
  • 1 C. Agave Nectar
  • 1 Tbs. smart balance butter


Directions

Line a 13x9 in baking pan with foil
Mix cereals, craisins and peanuts in a large bowl
Mix PB, agave and butter in a 2 qt saucepan, Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; simmer for 1 minute.
Immediately stir into cereal mix, tossing to coat. Coat hands with cooking spray, then use them to spread and press the mixture in prepared pan. Chill until firm, about an hour.
Cut into strips or just tackle it with your hands straight into your mouth..OR (for Nikki)  roll them into balls! (no bake cookies!)

I'm excited to make them myself and try a few different combos.. chocolate chips? raisins? protein powder? Almond butter? Yes, these will be epic.
enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. mmm almond milk makes smoothies just awesome! A great way to start the day! Love that you ran and played at the park while your car was being worked on- what a good use of time! And the bars look so yummy! I love more up to date/healthier versions of rice krispie treats. Enjoy your night

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember how I stumbled upon your blog, but just wanted to let you know I enjoy it. I'm a new mother, getting back into running and my daughter who was a preemie is also in a helmet right now. Think I will be trying those pnb bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Penut Butter Bars look FANTASTIC! Tell me more about this GPP work out you do. I can hardly believe how adorable those babies of yours are! They are growing up SO fast!

    ReplyDelete