creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, January 17, 2011

Frozen Hot Chocolate

Last night my sisters and their spouses all came over for dinner at my house last night! We had a great time laughing and joking throughout the night. We had a repeat dinner of 


As a appetizer I just made a healthy dip
Its SO SIMPLE
all you need is Fat Free Cottage Cheese and a packet of Ranch Seasoning- Put a cup or more of cottage and the whole packet in the food processor, mix it up and serve with your favorite veggies!

Delish!

Although the stuffed chicken and Dip were quite the hit last night. Dessert took the cake! 
No, it wasn't cake. It was
FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE

If you have ever been to Serendipity in NY and now in VEGAS it is a MUST to hit up Serendipity and get a FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE!
Seriously, best thing in the world
This was a late Christmas gift from my sister in-law.
This girl knows me well. While we were in Vegas a few months ago with the family I wanted to go to Serendipity for this reason only. But time did not allow.. (the babies were only 9 weeks old) So between feedings in nap. It was a no go :(
My sister in law loves me so much she gave me two!


Although the sugar is high, I don't even care.. its dessert for a reason. Right?! 
Each packet made 5 servings so we split it between the six of us. 
So good! 
How does it compare to the real thing? Pretty dang close. 
Its not as pretty as they make it at the restaurant but I think I could of devoured the entire packet myself.

If heaven was made out of chocolate.. THIS would be it. 
enough said..

Today, I decided to try something new
KALE CHIPS
Kale Chips are all over the food blog world. They are very popular. 
I must say this was my first time trying Kale.
This recipe I got from cute Laury at thefitnessdish
CLICK HERE for the entire recipe. 
Cut the stems of the Kale. Rinse and dry, This is when a salad spinner would come in handy.. 
lightly cover with olive oil and your favorite seasonings
I used Mrs Dash Original

Preheat oven and bake for about 18 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Keep them green and crispy ;)

Kale CHIPS

Now, Don't expect tostidos.. Since this was my first time with Kale, I believe that it requires a required taste. 
Laury has recipe for a white bean dip here.. That I would try it with. I didn't have all the ingredients so I just topped them with hummus. They sort of have a bitter taste, But are light and crispy and kind of dissolve in your mouth.. If you are a rabbit eating lover aka.. you like salads and lettuce and kale.. kind of person. You may love this. If you are a nacho chip, Doritos, Frito's person. These may take some getting used to. 
I liked them .. not loved. but that's just me. 
make them again? Sure.. but not for an appetizer.. Ill stick with the dip. 

Breakfast this morning was just a quick bowl of oats
1/2 C. old fashioned oats
1/2  scoop of chocolate elite protein
slivered almonds
scoop of greek vanila yogurt!

Happy MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY!

Q. Have you ever been to Serendipity? Tried the frozen hot chocolate?

Q. Any other recipes for Kale CHIPS?