creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, January 3, 2011

{pompin it up}

How to cut a pom. 

#1 Put on a Apron. 
#2 Cut top of pom off.. the little tail looking thing.
#3 Cut it into 4 segments
#4 Pick out as much seeds that easily "pomp" out. hehe.. 

#5 Fill up a bowl with water
#6 place the remaining pom seeds, the ones stuck to all that white crap inside the bowl. 
The water will help those seeds float away from the membrane aka "white crap"

#7 Drain and store seeds in a tupperware for safe keeping

Keep some out to snack on.
or put in your breakfast!!




Breakfast:

Pom lovin.
{pomp, pomp it up!}

1/2 C. of old fashioned oats
1/2 scoop vanilla elite whey
Pom Seeds be generous, they are delicious
1 tbs ground flax seed
small handful of slivered almonds
1 tsp ground PB
cinnamon to taste.
 Dump it in 
and 
Mix her up! 
{the mix}

This past weekend the babes had their first taste of baby food..
1st up.
Carrots


hungry pants

you think he enjoyed it..?

not so much.

not to bad. 

I think we may have to practice a little more.

Now its time for my lunch:

 I just had a mess.

really no thought.

2 C Organic green beans
4 egg whites
1/2 sweet potato 
2 tbs of hummus
sprinkled with mrs. dash

Quick and easy.

Then my sweet tooth was acting up.

 handful of ghirradeli chocolate chips.
I heart them.

Time to get crackin on the "to do" list around the house.
*mountain oh laundry
*Dishes
*grocery store
*costco run
*bathe the babes
*buy wedding gift
*vacuum
*pack up babies NB clothes


*wish me luck*.. its days like this I wish I drank caffeine.