creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Creamy Edamame Chicken Penne Rigate

Hey guys!! Sorry I’ve been absent the last couple days! I’m alive. I have been spending my blogging time working on some tech stuff of my NEW BLOG!! I can’t wait to share it with you all! Its been a LONG process.. all the little nit and grit seems to take the longest! It is going to be much easier to use, navigate, search and comment.  Anyway, that is my excuse.

Creamy Edamame Chicken Penne Rigate

pennepasta

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 C. Penne Rigate Noodles
  • 1/2 C. Edamame hummus {give or take depending on how creamy you want it.}
  • 6 oz. Grilled Chicken
  • 2 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1 Yellow pepper diced
  • 2 Mini Cucumbers sliced
  • Mrs. Dash Tomato basil to season
  • Half avocado sliced to garnish.

Directions:

Prepare Noodles and Chicken

Dice all vegetables.

As soon as pasta is done, drain the noodles and transfer into medium size bowl and mix in the hummus and olive oil.

DSC_0364

Add the chicken and veggies

DSC_0365

Stir well, while sprinkling with. the Mrs. Dash.

Serve immediately.

DSC_0366

Baylee and Tanner devoured this! I was actually surprised by how much they loved it! It got them out of the sandwich or quesadilla lunch rut we have been in!

You can store and re-heat for later, {or eat it cold!}

I finally had a good run outside! Its been cold and today Utah decided to warm up! I slept in this morning and headed out a little later. I covered a little over 4 miles but… died! Legit. I took it right off the charger and it died within the first mile of my run.Sad smile

photo 1 (1)photo 2 (1)

It may be time to upgrade the good ol’ wrist satellite.

I’m hoping its not dead. dead.

We are headed to Moab this weekend for the first family trips of the “summer”. Brent left this morning with Tanner which means it was just Bee and I until we leave to catch up with them tomorrow! So what do girls do when the boys are gone?

SHOP of course!!

 photo 5 (2)

I will admit, I had so much fun with Bee today! She loved shopping with me and had to go up and down every escalator and holding the bags!

Shopping with one kid is a BREEZE compared to when I have both!

I’m sure she will be a professional shopper by age 3.

photo 4 (1)

She was positive those shoes looked cute. She even told me they matched….

Tomorrow we are headed to the Red Rock! Word on the street is we have wi-fi at the condo we are staying at! I’ll be blogging as usual!

 

moab1

 

What Garmin or other pace tracker do you use and love?

Anyone have any races coming up?