creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Oatmeal the Easy Way

Today kind of FLEW by.

Probably because I was busy all day but hardly productive.

Does that count as a busy day?

I started my day at GPP but got maybe 2% of the workout done.

This week I’m taking a recommended break from GPP and just working one muscle group at a time and let the other groups completely recover before working them again. Which I have never actually done before.. its actually hard for me to do since I teach body pump and would rather always do a GPP workout.

But the idea is to give my body a break from high intensity training this week and see how my body responds. Breaks are good every once in awhile. Right? It has been a LONG time since I have taken a whole week off of GPP workouts, so even though I worked out today, and yesterday.. I feel almost like I didn’t work out… weird.

Anyway, today was back day.

IMG_0273[1]

I actually started my day at GPP because part of the workout was pullups and chinups which were actually part of my workout from Porter at THF anyway!  I got about 1 set of each done.. lots of talking today. It happens.

I headed across the street to skills and ran into some other instructors and a few members that took my body pump class and chatted with them for a bit so once I actually got to my workout I didn’t have much time, so I flew through a pretty intense back workout that included

  • Cable rows
  • Lat pull down
  • Feet on ball-lying pullup: WAY harder then I anticipated.. I used the smith machine and lowered it down to about my belly button tossed my feet on a ball and with my arms out wide, pulled my chest to the bar..
  • Dumbbell row- Favorite back exercise! I worked up to a 50lb pull today!
  • Pull-ups- Had absolutely nothing left for these.. I was suppose to do sets of 10 but could only hack 3 at a time.. My back was DONE.

Then wrap it up with some AB work. – pikes, planks, and hanging leg raises.

and I’m pretty sure I will be feeling it tomorrow. In fact, pretty sure I can feel it settling in right now…

I love working back.

My calluses on my hands don’t.. but they will get filed down asap!

IMG_0271[1]

Post workout I had a quick shake and went home for breakfast!

IMG_0276[1]

I’m still following a pretty strict diet plan but I really do look forward to this bowl of oats every morning!

Somebody asked me how I make my oatmeal every morning and its kind of crazy, but simple as it gets.

Oatmeal The Easy Way

First combine the following into one bowl:

  • 1/2 C. Old fashioned rolled oats (I use bobs red mill-gluten free)
  • Water- (I probably use about a cup) –
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 whole egg

Stir it together and toss it in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it so it doesn’t overflow. You may have to stir and keep it cookin until the egg is cooked.

  • Then I dump cinnamon in it. (I don’t measure it. I literally dump it in.) I love cinnamon!

IMG_0283[1]

I take my cinnamon seriously.

  • 2 squirts of NuNatural liquid Stevia.—pretty much the best sweetener, that doesn’t bother my belly.

IMG_0282[1]

  • 6 Strawberries diced.

Mix it all together and eat it.

Yes. with the eggs.

I told you it seems crazy, but I actually really, really like it. You have your complex carb, protein, fat all in one! BAM.

IMG_0275[1]

And I only dirty one bowl. –BONUS.

Try it! You might be surprised how delicious it is. It is a great staple for anyone!

Question of the Day:

Do you have any weird food/drink combos?

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Oats in the microwave are the best. I will have to put some eggs in mine. I like yellow mustard with almost any vegetable. My favorite combo is yellow mustard and brussel sprouts. I have no idea why :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love putting eggs in my oatmeal! I haven't had oatmeal since last winter.. I may need to bring it back. Also, one tip I have is to reduce the power level on your microwave to prevent overflowing. It takes a little longer to cook, but you save time by not cleaning up a huge mess.. which I have done way too many times! Your back is sexy, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. salmon in my cottage cheese and pineapple.

    ReplyDelete