creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Zucchini Brownies

If you are in the mood for some chocolate I got the recipe for you!

DSC_0873

These brownies are packed with protein, fiber and are low calorie so can have more then one. Not to mention they include a veggie!  I made these last night and my family ate half the pan. I even had a bite of one this morning for breakfast!

I’m pretty happy I have family and friends with gardens. Especially when they supply me with the worlds largest zucchinis!

DSC_0870

Brownies are my ultimate weakness. I am all about fudgy thick, chocolaty goodness. It just makes me happy, especially when you combine it peanut butter and ice cream.

It creates a complete food love combination.

Healthy Zucchini Brownies

Slightly adapted from here.

Ingredients:
4 whole eggs
1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup raw honey
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup Ghirardelli's cocoa powder
1/2 cup sifted coconut flour

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine wet ingredients. Mix well.
3. Add dry ingredients. Mix well again.
4. Pour into a greased 9×9 square baking pan (I used coconut oil) and bake for 24 minutes.

I topped mine with PB2 and took a few dips into this.

DSC_0878

Enjoy!!

DSC_0872

Another thing I really like about this recipe is that it is simple, and quick. I LOVE an easy clean up and recipes that only require one bowl to prepare! You have to make these, they are just to good not to.

Question of the day:

What is your perfect dessert combo?

4 comments:

  1. These sound yummy!!!! I made some brownies last week with chick peas instead of the flour. They turned out way better than I expected them to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious treat! Perfect dessert combo for me usually involves fruit and whipped cream (maybe more whipped cream than fruit ;))

    ReplyDelete