creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Baby Tikka

We welcomed a new family member last night! Meet Tikka! She is half yorkie and half Pomeranian.

IMG_6783[1]

She is the sweetest thing ever! We are loving her.

T & B can’t get enough of her, and she is doing very well. She is 9 weeks old and has become my little cuddle bug and soon to be running partner.

IMG_6784[1]

When we first started looking for a dog, I was thinking a vizsla, but their energy and size around the babies scared me a little bit. Brent and I use to have poms and loved them and figured a smaller dog would be best for our little family. We love her!

Yesterday was also my sisters birthday! We headed out to dinner at Texas Road House for dinner.

Brent was working late (Tax Season is almost over!! Yay!) So me and the babes met my family there for some grub. I’m still following Whole 30 so going out to eat can be a bit rough.. especially to chain restaurants where they douse everything in butter.

IMG_6796[1]IMG_6797[1]

IMG_6794[1]

I played it safe and went with a house salad. No cheese, dressing on the side. Extra tomatoes and egg.

IMG_6787[1]

We had a great time together and the highlight of the night is when my sister jumped into the birthday saddle for a little YEE-HAW!

IMG_6801[1]

When we got home I was still hungry. $3.99 house salads are just not enough.

IMG_6749[1]IMG_6750[1]

I had some baked chicken breast covered in home made salsa that my coach gave to me, (Thanks, Liz!) with butternut squash and green beans on the side. I felt much better afterwards.

Today’s workout was Body Pump followed by a quick 15 minutes on the elliptical to catch up with a few of my pregnant friends. I stayed light with my weights in pump to avoid any pressure it may of added to my hip. My recovery is coming along, I am starting to feel better and that craving to run is stronger then ever!

I want to give a shout out quick.  I love my Saturday morning class! They work hard and do it with smiles on their faces.. or maybe it was because I completely tripped over my bar and almost landed on my face today and they all seemed to think that was humorous. Either way. Great class, great people. Thank You!

Tomorrow is a complete rest day. I didn’t even make it a whole week of rest.. almost…. but no. Which I expected but didn’t plan. It’s hard to find subs for some of my classes throughout an entire week. I’m very thankful for those that did though. My hip is feeling better. I almost feel ready to run. But ready or not, Next weekend I have 21 miles in SoCal to trump through. I’m excited to get down there and RUN!

Contending with a hardship is often how we find our inner strength and most authentic selves. Training is NEVER easy. You have to plan for the unexpected.. even if it seems to happen at the peak of your training.

Life is about preparation meeting opportunity.

Let this next week be a prep week. Rest, recover.. then run.

Since I can’t train at the extent I feel I need to, I’m going to dial in on my nutrition and prepare mentally for the race next weekend. I’m not running with a competitive team so I’m going to keep it slow and easy and just have fun.

One thing I have learned through this past week is the power your mind has. The first few days, negative thoughts were sneaking into my mind. Thoughts of failure. How much of my fear of failure is irrational? The fear of letting myself down and those around me. Are the people around me going to really think less of me if I fail? NO. And if they are they shouldn’t really be close to me. Right?

quote1

If there is something I want, I am going to believe I can achieve it. When I think positive I automatically conduct myself more assertively and confidently. Even if I haven’t run at all for the past 9 days.

“The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are stronger at the broken places.”

- Ernest Hemingway

My goal is to be smart this week, take it easy, eat right, and don’t let the negativity or feelings of little training get to me. Think positive and just go for it.

Q. What is your goal for the week?

6 comments:

  1. Love your pup!!! Excellent choice with the lil ones :) And, LOVE your quote at the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new puppy is SO adorable. It makes me want a puppy. Have fun in SoCal. You'll do great running those 21 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you runner #7? That's what I am! I'm pumped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pupster! My goal next week is to hit up GPP at least 4 mornings... and survive them. That 42 workout KILLED me, I have not been that sore in a long time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on SUCH A CUTE new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is to keep my family off of sugar for the whole week! after a weekend of birthday celebrations we need a serious cleanse!
    I'm pretty sure my 2 year old has a sugar addiction!

    ReplyDelete