creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mash of Meals

 

My computer is bi-polar.. either that or technology really hates me.

No lie. I seem to have issues everyday with a stereo, computer, IPhone, TV etc. Technology is out to get me.. or test my patience.. I’m sure of it.

source

Today, my pictures wouldn’t simply drag and drop into the post.. I restarted it and tried dragging them other places.. no luck.. all of a sudden (after I  vented about it on fb) it worked. Why do I have to try it a bazillion different ways until it finally succumbs to my stubbornness? I was not going to give up! I did yesterday though. After teaching double pump and back to back I couldn’t lift my arms and just went to bed.

I had a full intention to start “What I ate Wednesday” and it just didn’t work out.. I’ll try again next week. But I did snap a few pics.

I got my workout done early this morning and came home really wanting something sweet and cool. Orange Julius? Uh. yes.

While I was shopping the other day I passed the little crystal light packets and figured its been awhile since I have used them. Impulse buy I grabbed the sunrise classic orange flavor with orange Julius on my mind. Genius.

{Orange Julius Protein Shake}

DSC_0593

This little packet added the perfect orangey punch to my protein shake. It was perfect. Sweet and creamy.. just like the real thing.

DSC_0594

In the mix:

  • 1.5 C. Vanilla Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • Handful of Ice
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 packet sunrise classic orange crystal light
  • 1 scoop Vanilla protein

DSC_0595

So creeeaaaamy…

DSC_0596

How could you resist? This would make a perfect dessert for my late night sweet tooth!

LUNCH:

A boring salad..

DSC_0597

I love salads at lunch just because they come together so easily.

  • Romaine
  • Tomato
  • Red pepper
  • Tuna- Mixed with celery, Dijon mustard, Zero Cal Ranch dressing (found it at sunflower) and a little olive oil.

DSC_0598

Mixed it all together and done!

DSC_0599DSC_0600

I taught tonight and came home just wanting something quick and easy so of course a egg scramble sounded about right! Breakfast for dinner is always a winner!

DSC_0591

5 egg whites, spinach, onion, red pepper, tomato, avocado, mushroom, and broccoli! Gotta LOVE my veggies!

DSC_0592

I seasoned it with a little Mrs. Dash and I know its not the most appealing looking meal but it sure taste delicious and nutritious. Winking smile

Of course this isn’t EVERYTHING I ate today! But by the looks of it, It was one of those days most of my meals were thrown together.. Mash of meals.. But if it works it works right?!

Q. What is your favorite food mash ups?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for discussing your ideas. The one thing is that college students have a solution between fed student loan plus a private student loan where it is easier to opt for student loan debt consolidation loan
    than through the federal education loan.
    One important issue is that while you are searching for
    a student loan you may find that you will want
    a co-signer. There are many scenarios where this is correct because you might discover that you do
    not possess a past credit ranking so the loan provider will require you
    have someone cosign the financial loan for you.
    Great post.
    Thanks for this article. I'd personally also
    like to convey that it can become hard when you're in school
    and starting out to establish a long credit ranking.

    There are many students who are only trying to make it through and have a lengthy
    or good credit history can often be a difficult point to have.


    I have learned quite a few important things through your post.

    I'd also like to state that there may be situation where you will make application for a loan and don't need a cosigner such as a U.S.
    Student Aid Loan. In case you are getting a borrowing arrangement through a traditional finance company then you need to be able to have
    a cosigner ready to allow you to. The lenders will base their own decision over a few elements but the largest will be your credit ratings.

    There are some lenders that will likewise look at your work history and come to a decision based on that but in most cases it will depend on
    your scores.
    One other issue is that if you are in a situation where you don't
    have a cosigner then you may really need to try to wear out all of your educational funding options.
    You will discover many grants and other scholarships that will present you with money to help
    with education expenses. Thank you for the post.

    I have an internet site that covers yet another side of the tale.
    I suspect we are discussing the exact same point yet are lookiong at it from a somewhat different angle.
    Browse through my web site below and leave your remark
    please ... website

    ReplyDelete