creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Friday, May 13, 2011

fish sticks and fries.

Have you ever been to Artic Circle? They use "real fish" for their fish sticks.. ya.. I'm sure.
and they use real grease and grime to.

Maybe they are good? Pretty, sure mine are better.. and about 7,342,889 times healthier.. ya. I'm sure.

..Fish Sticks..


  • 2 egg whites
  • 1 cup almond meal
  • 1 cup sesame seeds
  • 5-6 Cuts of Tilapia 


Pre-heat oven 350 degrees

Place each ingredient in a separate bowl.


Dip each cut of Tilapia in each bowl.. in this order.. Egg whites--> Almond Meal --> Sesame seeds.
don't mind my white and pasty arm.. I promise to get some sun soon. 


Place in glass pan, or even better on on a cookie sheet with that grate looking thing..(yes, I know.. I'm a great chef that I refer to it as the "grate"... )  But I don't own one. So what you see is what you get ;)

It worked well. At least it wasn't in a bucket of 893,783 day old grease. Just sayin.

Bake for about 25-30 minutes until fish is baked throughly Then turn on the broiler on high for about 5-7 minutes till lightly brown. 
Serve. 


Enjoy!

& look who is crawling!!! They both started to crawl FAST this week. 
I just love them. 






1 comment:

  1. I've made fish sticks for the man a couple times and he loves them! Its nice to have an at home baked version of anything (vs. deep fried craziness ;)) And the peanuts- too cute :) She looks SO happy in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete