creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tis the Season!

Oh my its been awhile since I have blogged… sorry.
Brent has been super busy with finals and work and I have been playing single mom to the twinners. Kudos to all you single moms out there. It’s tough work. But now FINALS are over and we get to enjoy some quality family time together!
SONY DSC
We also have had Christmas parties since Wednesday.. and we have one tonight as well!
I started out today with a mile run before heading into body pump! We taught release 80 today and that lunge track gets me every time. Afterwards, I hopped back on the treadmill and did 5 miles of tabata interval sprints. Got to love speed work! I was sooooo sweaty, feels good to look and smell disgusting. ha!

When I got home I made a quick recovery shake
DSC_0630

In the mix:
  • 1 1/2 C. Almond breeze Vanilla unsweetened milk
  • 5-7 ice cubes
  • 1 scoop vanilla elite gourmet protein powder
  • 3 squeezes of mio berry, pomegranate flavoring
  • handful of spinach hence the lovely green color.
I found mio at the grocery store and was curious to see what it was like. I had a coupon for it so figured this impulse buy was justified Winking smile
DSC_0632
I must admit the mio added quite the berry punch to the shake! I have never used it before . Its advertised to add flavor to your water but I figured it could add a little twist to my shake as well!
I was still hungry after, and hand some leftover pumpkin puree in my fridge that needed to be used so I made some pumpkin oats.
DSC_0633
DSC_0634
We have so much shopping to do today! I am dreading the stores cause I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who has procrastinating some Christmas shopping!
Have a good day!! 
Worth the read:
Push through your plateau – via oxygen magazine
10 food label lies- via shape
Tips to avoid holiday weight gain-

2 comments:

  1. That first picture is fabulous! You all look so good! Adorable twinners. I said the SAME thing about single Moms last week...I couldn't do it...I can't wait to launch 80. I still haven't even looked at it yet! Good luck shoppin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I swung by Costco and Target yesterday and they were both a madhouse! My problem is that if I have buy the presents too far in advance, I'll ultimately end up spilling the beans so I try to wait till the last minute to buy gifts- a major downfall :P

    ReplyDelete