creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Sleighs

Happy Monday! I’m happy its almost over.. It was a fun and busy day! Sometimes I wish the holidays were more laid back so we could just sit and enjoy it a little more and I could bottle up my babies energy and inject it into me..I would sell it.. and I would make millions! I also wish I could freeze time because they are so silly and fun right now! And I think the freezing would come in handy when T is about to throw something in the toilet or throw food across the room.. Or stick is PB & J sandwich in his sisters hair.. (all of which happen multiple times throughout the day!)

I started the day early due to my recommitment to fitness and eating healthy. I ‘m pretty sure this happens every Sunday..? But I have 4 holiday parties this week..4!!  And I’m pretty sure I will enjoy them thoroughly!!

source

This morning I woke up early and got a 5 mile run in via treadmill in 43:27. Not to fast but it was Monday and it was 5 am. I kept a good pace and my goal was to have negative splits. Done and Done! Its actually been a while since I had a good “distance” run that didn’t include speed work, intervals or multiple breaks-(its really easy to just step on the side rails to adjust incline/speed..)

I came home and made a egg puff—Running low on veggies in the house so I used 5 egg whites spinach, avocado and broccoli.. If only I had a tomato/red pepper I could claim them as Christmas eggs..? I sprinkled some chia seeds on it and consumed a frozen banana with almond butter while it was cooking.

DSC_0634

At GPP we completed this workout. With an additional mile run (outside). Didn’t really go for time just enjoyed the run. 7:30

Came home after a quick grocery run for lunch which went unphotographed.. something to do with scrubbing jam out of B’s hair my grilled chicken, green beans, sweet potato and apple missed their photo sesh.

Then I got called to teach Body Attack so went for it… and you want to know something? I haven’t showered yet.. I’ll spare you a self portrait. – your welcome.

Tonight we made sleighs!

DSC_0638

My MIL does it every year with the fam and I’m always really excited to do it because I think it is a fun tradition that she started and I get to hang out with my awesome SIL’s and such. My MIL even took the time to teach me the sleigh ways.. I’m a beginner.. but I’m still pleased with my sleigh! Only thing.. I wish I would of made more trees.. (which is in the back of the sleigh.. (It fell over on the way home) Only because they are made out of Reese's and that is my favorite candy EVER. I’m thinking my sleigh will be going into a forest of reeses next year. Yes?

DSC_0637

DSC_0640

We had a good time. The babies attention span lasted about 2.2 seconds so they cuddled with dad and watched mickey mouse.

IMG_5105[1]

and played with cousins

IMG_5102[1]

We had a blast and now I’m more then ready for bed!

Q. Do you make gingerbread houses, sleighs or trains??

I usually make houses but I’m lovin’ the sleigh tradition!

Q. What is your best tip to keep in check this holiday season?

Bring something healthy to the party to share!

2 comments:

  1. A few years back I made- or attempted to make a gingerbread house completely from scratch.. Of course I blew up the hand mixer just making the dough which should have been my first sign to stop, hah! But no really it was a lot of fun once I hand mixed it all… I haven’t made another one since then.. except with graham crackers..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! Growing up, my momma always signed my brother and I up to decorate gingerbread houses at The Ritz and as we grew up we continued the tradition but at home [using a kit] :D Trains and sleighs are a fun alternative!

    ReplyDelete