creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday brownie?

First off dinner!! breakfast was another egg white scramble..
for dinner..
PS. (on sunday..lunch is pretty much a dinner type of meal.)



Dinner

Chicken and Butter... nut squash...

I diced sweet potato and butternut squash

spread olive oil on top and sprinkled with chili powder and Mrs dash
Roast in the oven at 425 for about 30 min.

Delish

Chicken 
Was prepared specially by the store manager ;)


Grilled it.

Mixed a little salad
nothing to exciting just lettuce tomato and Havarti cheese shredded.

(like Mr. Scarecrow)?


Delicious

DESSERT!

Sunday is our treat cheat day..
but treats are still somewhat healthy.. 

♥PB brownie lovin♥

You will need

Low-fat, reduced sugar Brownie mix
1 egg
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c. applesauce
2 scoops of Chocolate Protein
as much PB as desired.. 

Mix all ingredients together except the PB
Pour batter in your brownie pan
melt your PB and drizzle it on top

use a knife and go the oppisite direction, start at one end and weave your way to the other side

(see the lover hearts ♥?)



Bake at 350 for about 30-35 min depending on your oven.



Love it!!

So I was talking to one of my family members while we were making our weekly Sunday treat, and I was "candifying" the recipe, if you will. (making it my way).  And the person I was baking with said that treat day should be FOR REAL treats... and not wasted on altered "healthy" ones.. 


Why not?? Sure, I alter EVERY recipe to make it more candice friendly.. and Sunday is my treat day.. but I still want  a healthy treat.. that way I can gobble up 2 instead of 1.. right?!
But I don't know.. am I really just some kind of crazy healthy person!? ..( I think not..) 
What do you think..??
Is your "cheat day" or treat day.. really about just having a "for real"treat?
If you alter the recipe just enough to make it just as delicious..I don't see what the problem is with saving a few calories and less sugar and fat. Because you know you always go back for seconds on dessert;)

What about you? 

please note: I DO indulge but really only once in a great while.. its just not worth it to me.. unless it really is.. if you catch my drift. ;)