creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, November 15, 2010

In a RUT..

Hey Everybody!! It has been a crazy past few weeks.. which has put me in a cooking rut.. I have been so busy cleaning and organizing our new home and playing with the babes. Meals have taken the back seat... I PROMISE I'll get on that pronto.. I haven't really made anything worth mentioning but I have written down a lot of recipes on my "to make" but lately my "to-do" list has just taken priority, but thanks for your patience...Also since my sister is getting married THIS week we have had lots of fun showers and dinners already made for us this past week.. sweet.
Classic Sunday dinner
pot roast
red potato
asparagus
corn & carrots
Salad. 
Yum. 
Love free dinner that doesn't mess up my own kitchen
I'll take it.

DESSERT?
chocolate cake
carrot cake
apple pie.

Scrumptious. but I already caved this weekend to this fruit tart

so I passed. But I think I missed out.



One thing I have made was Baked Oatmeal.. I usually just throw some old fashioned oats in the microwave and mix all the fixins in for a quick breakfast.. But Sunday morning, I was nursing and blog stalking and loved katies idea
BAKED OATMEAL 
okay. lets give it a whirl.. To work I went.



WHY did I never do this before!? 

You need 

  • 1/2 cup oats (50g)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • agave for sweetner.. drizzle as desired
  • 1/3 cup canned pumpkin 
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • dash of salt
  • Optional: up to 1T oil or nut butter (if oil, scale the milk back to 1/4 cup)
  • Optional: raisins, walnuts, brown sugar for the top, Be creative and make it your own. 
  • I'm thinking raspberries... 
.
Preheat oven to 375 degress. Combine raw oats, spices, pumpkin, and milk. Pour into a small baking pan or 1-cup ramekin. Cook for 15 minutes. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes 

It was DELICIOUS. 

AND I decided to whip up a new protein shake..

ALMOND JOY



1 1/2 Almond Milk
1 scoop chocolate fudge Elite protein 
1/2 banana
2 tsp of coconut oil
and a little bit of coconut extract
ice 4-5 cubes

optional: Coconut flakes!

I must say, its a winner. 

SOO good.. I'm most likely having it post workout tomorrow to.

Workout Today

BODY ATTACK
and a GPP WOD 
 sets of 8 reps - alt DB biceps curls
Begin with manageble weight.  Try to incr wt on every set.  Post weights for each set to comments
then,
"Three Bars of Death"
AMRAP in 20 min of:
5 deadlifts 95/135
5 power cleans 45/95
5 push press 45/95
I got only 18 rounds.  not feeling so great today..and I blame it on my throbbing eye.. I got another EYE thing going on.. and it got its own heartbeat during my workout.. 
but was able to end with a mile run. 

We are starting to get out of the daylight savings rut.. Back to the 7-8 hr sleeping block.. whew, I was scared we wouldn't ever get that back..
I just love this.


&
guess who is now 4 months!?



(



Good start to the week.. 
How about you?