creating a healthy lifestyle for mothers and women everywhere

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Happy, Healthier YOU- Take 1!

Good Morning friends! Hope your all off to a great start today! However, how many of you were still full from all the food consumed yesterday?! I woke up close to 8am and was not the least bit hungry for breakfast. I’ll take that as a sign I overdid it a little yesterday..

But knew I better eat something so I wouldn’t become ravenous later.

Breakfast was served.

GF Oats, and a protein shake

IMG_5722[1]

Oatmeal

IMG_5724[1]

  • 1/3 C. GF oats
  • little bit of vanilla protein powder from 1 scoop
  • 2 tsp. Almond Butter

Vanilla Protein shake

IMG_5723[1]

  • 1.5 C. Almond milk Vanilla Unsweetened
  • Remaining Vanilla Protein Powder
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 C. Spinach
  • 8-10 ice cubes
  • Pinch of cinnamon

10 things you can do today for a healthier, happier you!

source

1. Drink A LOT of water today! After all those treats yesterday you want to flush out the system.

2. Get rid of all your leftover super bowl treats! I sent most of our leftovers to work with Brent! Out of sight-out of mind!

3. Get your workout in today! After food overload yesterday, we are probably feeling a bit sluggish today. Get moving and you will feel better!

4.Kill Germs! Go through your house with a sanitization wipe and give every door handle, railing, and light switch a good scrub to get rid of pesky germs that could cause a sickness.. Who has time for that?

5. Get Pretty! Take 10 minutes and curl your hair, do your makeup, or paint your nails. This is something I rarely take the time to do. But I always feel better about myself when I do.

6.Plan a healthy dinner! With a Lean meat, veggies, and a healthy fat.

7. Don’t eat anything processed today.

8. STRETCH! Try to touch your toes.

9.Park far away. Take that last parking lot stall and burn a few extra calories walking in.

10. Turn on some music and dance around with your kids- I do this almost everyday with B and T and they absolutely LOVE it!

 

Q. What are YOU going to do today to make a happier, healthier YOU?!

3 comments:

  1. I must say...I'm actually kind of glad we had to stay in yesterday....no crazy football food temptations! I agree with the water/workout/healthy meals plan! Always makes me feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, especially for a Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I am definitely drinking a lot of water, getting my workout in [and incorporating lots of stretching], continuously reapplying antibacterial gels/ lotions, planning to make a delic healthy dinner, and already have been dancing :P Happy Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete